2018 Summer Registration Opens January 9, 2018
Located at Maple Grove Middle School
|Door 11||763-391-8429||In Progress|
The Spot (Grades 6-8) is a place for older youth to not only hang out and make new friends but a program that is truly designed by youth for youth. Our staff places a heavy emphasis on leadership development with program participants who develop/assist in developing field trips, activities, service opportunities and more!
- Open to students entering 6th through 8th grade.
- Programming will take place from 6/13/18 through 8/22/18 at Maple Grove Middle School.
- Enrollment for Summer 2018 begins on 1/9/18. Guaranteed summer placement through 2/6/18. We will continue to take enrollments after this time until the site is at capacity, at which point we will begin a waitlist.
- The registration fee is $25.00/student if enrolled between 1/9/18 and 2/6/18. Following this time registration increases to $35.00/student.
Quality Summer Fun!
Community Education through Osseo Area Schools offers fun and engaging summer care for students entering grades K-8. All summer programs include:
- Energy, nutrition, and wellness collaboration with Lifetime Fitness.
- Early morning and late afternoon clubs, camps, and games.
- Dedicated breakfast and afternoon snack. (Please provide lunch for your child each day)
- Weekly media time, reading, and book checkout with a district media specialist.
- Off-site field trips and on-site special events.
- Active exercise curriculum teaching healthy, positive and fit responses to life’s choices.
- Family Fun Run opportunity for a 1K/5K run/walk race.
- Hands-on activities that promote learning:
|Social-Emotional Learning||Math||Healthy Culinary Innovations|
Casual Family Orientation
- Families may visit as we prepare our summer site.
- Monday, June 11th from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Formal Presentation / Q&A at 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 12th from 7:00 am-10:30 am
- Formal Presentation / Q&A at 8:00 am
Summer 2018 Rates and Contract Options:
- Auto Payment is required
- Guaranteed summer enrollment through 2/6/18. We will continue to take enrollments until site is at capacity, at which point we will begin a waitlist.
- Completing your registration within the priority deadline (1/9/18 through 2/6/18) requires a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 per student contract.
- Completing your registration outside of the priority deadline (after 2/6/18) requires a non-refundable registration fee of $35.00 per student contract.
- You can pick exactly what days you want your child/children to attend this summer. The more days you pick, the cheaper the rate.
- You are allowed unlimited free contract changes from 1/9/18 through 11:59 pm 5/16/18 if days are available. After 5/16/18 you are locked into your contract for the summer, and subject to the commitment day policy in your terms and conditions. Days may not be available due to staffing ratios or field trip ticket pre-orders. Following this deadline you can:
- Add days on a space available basis.
- Families may remove days if notice is received by Wednesday 11:59 pm prior to the affected week and will incur a drop fee of $15 per child. Requests must be made via an Email to CECares@District279.org
- There are no vacation days in the summer months.
- There is no swapping or banking of days.
- Removing days are subject to daily rate fee adjustments. Rate adjustments are not retroactive and take effect moving forward.
Rates Based On Days Attending
|NUMBER OF DAYS||RATE|
|40 or More Days||$35.00/Day|
All programs run from 6:30 am - 6:00 pm.
Summer 2018 Field Trips and Schedules (In Progress)
See Site Calendars
Summer field trips below are not confirmed (unless indicated) and unconfirmed dates/events may change.