Kindergarten is an important step in your child’s life. At Osseo Area Schools, your child will experience a student-centered program taught by experienced staff who love children and are dedicated to helping your child succeed in school.
To be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, students must be five years old on Sept.1 of the school year they'd start in. If your child does not meet the age requirements for kindergarten, you may wish to consider enrolling in a preschool or prekindergarten program.
- Timeline for enrolling in kindergarten
- Print and complete the kindergarten enrollment packet (forms available here)
Attend the Kindergarten Information Fair on Oct. 27, 2018
Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Edinbrook Elementary (8925 Zane Ave. N, Brooklyn Park)
Bring the whole family to learn about kindergarten next fall. Enjoy a free lunch and participate in some child-friendly activities. Families will be able to enroll their child through our Enrollment Center, tour a kindergarten classroom, ride a school bus, learn about our magnet school programs and meet principals.
Free transportation from the Zanewood Recreation Center (7000 Zane Ave. N, Brooklyn Park) is available. The bus will leave Zanewood at 10 a.m. and leave Edinbrook to head back to Zanewood at 1 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m.: The Kindergarten Day
- 11 a.m.: Arts Magnet at Birch Grove
- 11:30 a.m.: Kidstop (before- and after-school child care)
- 12 p.m.: STEM Magnet at Weaver Lake Elementary
- 12:30 p.m.: The Kindergarten Day
Learn more about kindergarten
- Early Childhood Screening (state requirement for kindergarten)
- Before & After School Child Care (Kidstop)
- What Kindergartners Learn
- Getting Ready: Transition to Kindergarten
Early entrance to kindergarten
For the 2018-19 school year, the deadline for applying for early entrance to kindergarten has passed. We have a lengthy process to ensure students are able to be successful if they start kindergarten early, and we are not able to accept any new applicants at this time.
For the 2019-20 school year, information will be shared in Feb. 2019 about how to apply for early entrance to kindergarten. If your child was born Sept. 2-Nov. 1 and you are interested in having them start early, you may be eligible to apply.