The filing period for three school board seats up for election this fall begins Aug. 2 and runs through Aug. 16.
During the filing period, a candidate filing packet may be obtained during regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) from the Educational Service Center, 11200 93rd Ave. N., Maple Grove. Filing hours will be extended until 5 p.m. on the final day, Aug. 16.
At the time of filing, school board candidates must provide photo ID and address verification, and pay a $2 filing fee.
School board members hold four-year terms. The board members elected in November 2016 will be seated on the Board in January 2017.
A candidate for this office must:
- be an eligible voter,
- be 21 years of age or older upon assuming office,
- have been a resident of the school district from which he or she seeks election for 30 days before the general election, and
- have no other affidavit on file for any other office at the same primary or general election.
For more information
- A Guide to Serving as a School Board Member for Osseo Area Schools
- Tammy Djerf, School Board Clerk, 763-391-7003
- Minnesota Secretary of State
- Minnesota School Boards Association