ISD 279 - Osseo Area Schools is committed to creating a website that provides access for all, including those with disabilities.
We are continuing in our good faith efforts to ensure accessibility for individuals with visual, mobility or other disabilities; however, we continue to have additional work to complete before our site is fully in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and Section 508 standards. The site is Joomla-based, and as such, will be more compliant when Joomla improves its software.
We conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA to support website accessibility. We are taking steps to ensure that:
- Skip to main content is provided on the top of every page and offers to skip the navigation menus and jumps to the main content.
- All page function should be available and be able to navigate all elements using a keyboard.
- Any and all information conveyed with color is readable if a user is unable to distinguish color.
- Images contain a textual description that will be read out loud within a screen reader.
- A text equivalent for every non-text element shall be provided. This includes images, tables, PDFs and videos.
- Link text is written so that it makes sense when read out loud by a screen reader.
- All font-sizes found on our website use relative units of measurement. This makes scaling the font-size of our website easier and more consistent.
- Controls are added to tables to help ensure that screen readers can properly communicate the table contents back to the user.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used to control the look and feel of the website. If your browser is unable to use style sheets, information will still be accessible to the user.
- All web pages use headings to create a proper document structure for use by screen readers.
Accessibility barriers (known issues)
- Some of our content is in PDF format only. We are working to reduce dependence on PDFs and are training staff to provide content in more accessible formats.
- There are some instances where we are unable to provide accessible alternatives for content on our website, e.g., our front page rotating photo module. We will be monitoring these sections, and work to identify accessible alternatives.
If you are unable to access any page(s) or documents on our site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-391-7165 with detailed information on the location of the page or document you were attempting to access. Be sure to provide us with your name and contact information so that we may provide you with the information in another format.
Please note that some pages on our website contain links to third-party sites that are outside of our control and may not comply with accessibility standards.