The ISD 279 School Board consists of six members who are elected at large in even-numbered years. Members serve alternating four-year terms.
The major functions of the School Board include:
- Setting a vision for the school system;
- Establishing standards for performance;
- Ensuring high quality assessment;
- Embracing accountability for student outcomes;
- Aligning system resources to promote student achievement;
- Creating effective school climate and culture;
- Developing collaborative relationships; and
- Working toward continuous improvement.
The Board hires the superintendent and delegates to him or her the authority and responsibility to administer school district operations. The superintendent serves as an ex officio member of the Board.
School Board Members
Mike Ostaffe (Term expires: January 2021) – Chair
Jessica Craig (Term expires: January 2023) – Vice Chair
Heather Douglass (Term expires: January 2021) – Clerk
Tanya Simons (Term expires: January 2023) – Treasurer
Kelsey Dawson Walton (Term expires: January 2023) – Director
Jackie Mosqueda-Jones (Term expires: January 2021) – Director
Jim Bauck, Ph.D. – Interim Superintendent (ex officio)